As part of the News Media program, I was enrolled in a class where I had the opportunity to be a reporter for BYU’s newspaper The Daily Universe in the spring of 2017.
As a reporter, I was assigned to the campus desk. I covered the College of Fine Arts and Communications which included writing about different theater productions, student and professor achievements, and other related content.
I received the “Best Beat Coverage” award for the Campus Desk at the end of the class.
- Harris Fine Arts Center galleries provide student-oriented experiences
- A look into the process and benefit of students displaying their artwork in the Harris Fine Arts Center art galleries.
Most viewed article online during the week of publication.
- A look into the life of BYU’s assistant lighting designer
- Profile story about Marianne Ohran, assistant lighting designer for BYU Arts Production. The story of how she entered the theater industry, how she affects those she works with and how she balances her busy schedule.
- BYU’s ‘Argonautika’ displays a creative, collaborative effort
- Coverage of the BYU Theatre and Media Arts’ spring production. Looking into the process and environment to make the production possible.
- Also included in the print edition of The Daily Universe for the week of June 6-12, 2017.
Other articles written for The Daily Universe: